I am a 30 year old male and I have not had to deal with acne issues since I was in my early teens.
I follow a strict skin regimen day and night and I have been using Murad which contains salicylic acid for years and it has always worked and kept my skin healthy.
I have vegetable juice for breakfast, a fruit smoothie for lunch, eat many foods that contain Omega 3 and I drink at least a gallon of water a day.
Yet, all of sudden I am getting pretty severe break outs on my forehead, my cheeks and my chin. Pretty much all over my face.
I will admit that I am very vain and this problem is really taking a toll on my self-esteem and my emotional well being. I find myself going out less, and feeling severely depressed over my appearance.
What can I say or do to get my dermatologist to prescribe this? I tired Retin A, and Benzoyl Peroxide before and I happen to be allergic to these medications. What can I do??? Please help!