Will alcohol prevent the levaquin from working?

Malindalang 21 Aug 2015

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION--read on it and you will understand my plea. I, too, was given this. I took for a sinus infection. Three days later I was in agony, the pain was so severe throughout my body that I did not understand why the body did not die from this much pain. Years later, I still live in chronic pain, depression, depersonalization. Until I took this drug, I was fine, I had no medical issues and was healthy, loved my career, and exercised 3-6 days a week for most of my adult life. NOW--I cannot work, miss my friends there, live in pain and my mind feels out of sorts to this day. There is no medication that can fix this and I have done so much to try to get better. I actually can respond to everything people write with a I TIRED FOR A LONG TIME... stay away from this...

Delila 25 Aug 2015

Hi there are no known interaction risks about drinking alcohol when taking Levaquin, however, i was always told that alcohol will affect the efficacy of antibiotics... I haven't taken this medication myself so i can't tell you whether or not it is a risky medication to take, re the first answer you were given