Will alcohol increase psorisas?

kaismama 14 Dec 2013

I know one person who's had a problem with it if he drank. The lady I took care of had it but she didn't drink alcohol.

Delila 18 Dec 2013

Potentially... I have just read a report from PubMed.gov, part of the first paragraph says this: "Over the last years, data have been accumulating regarding a possible association between alcohol and psoriasis. While it is still unclear whether alcohol misuse represents a true risk factor or merely an epiphenomenon of the cutaneous disease, a number of studies support the role of ethanol and its metabolites as triggering factors of psoriasis. A drinking habit also appears to exacerbate a preexisting psoriasis, and the magnitude of alcohol consumption may be related to both a higher incidence and severity of psoriasis".