Akathisia; side effect of abilify. What is it? Is it related to pain? Why am I hurting so severely?

kaismama 18 Jun 2014

No its not related to pain. Its an inner restlessness. Abilify can cause joint and muscle pain however. This is a side effect and you need to let your dr know.

chattyz13 27 Jun 2018

please can you tell me what akathisia is?my mrs has to take risperidone twice a day.2mg each tablet.i saw this in the side affects.please can you enlighten me.thanks

WildcatVet 27 Jun 2018

Hi, chattyz! Akathisia is a common (up to 10% of users) side effect that is "a movement disorder characterized by a feeling of inner restlessness and inability to stay still.[1][3] Usually the legs are most prominently affected.[2] People may fidget, rock back and forth, or pace.[4] Others may just feel uneasy."
If it occurs it should be reported to her doctor.
Best regards, Wildcat