We all took the medicine a week ago and my daughter wasn't showing any signs of itching, but i wanted to just check her anal area again, and i saw worms? Is it possible that they are dead worms?
Did you treat all family members at the same time? It is possible that your daughter has reinfected herself. Threadworms are highly contagious!
As well as medicating all family members at the same time to prevent the spread of eggs you should:
- Clean toilet seats daily
- Keep fingernails short and clean
- Wash all bed linens twice a week
- Wash hands before meals and after using the toilet
- Avoid scratching the infected area around the anus. This can contaminate your fingers and everything else that you touch.
- Keep your hands and fingers away from your nose and mouth unless they are freshly washed.
For more information visit: https://www.drugs.com/mcd/pinworm-infection
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Updated 3 Jul 2013 • 1 answer
Updated 13 Apr 2017 • 7 answers
Updated 10 Nov 2015 • 1 answer
Updated 24 Aug 2017 • 3 answers
Updated 17 Aug 2018 • 1 answer