I got the Mirena on January 2nd or 3rd of this year and my doctor said the cramping should go away withing a few months but I could experience some cramping around my menstrual cycle, problem is, however, that my period is already so irregular I can never tell when the crampimg is from my period or something more serious . It's been 8 months since I've received it and the pain is so unbareable that I can't even stand some time. It will either go on for a week or just at random on random days! I told my gynecology about this after the first 5 months of this and she said my uterus is still adjusting bUT she gave my 2 kinds of ultrasounds to double check because I also couldn't find the string after 4 months. Plus the pain is so bad I can feel it in my lower back and it can also so down my leg... it also hurts when ever my husband and I try to have intimacy... and there is nothing worse then trying to be intimate with your husband and both of us being afraid its going to hurt me...
And I can't use any other kind of birth control because I've tried them all and have had horrible side effect. This is the only one I haven't had horrible side effects except the ones listed above.
Has anyone else had this problem that has had any answers?