I got prescribed Xanax in September for my really bad anxiety, to the point where I wouldn't leave the house for a week. My doctors don't want me on Xanax anymore so they gave me zoloft to try and I'm supposed to start it and ween off Xanax. (Smallest dose of Xanax .25. I take one at night that's it) and I got the smallest dose of Zoloft. I've been putting off taking the Zoloft because next week (thanksgiving break) my boyfriend comes home from school and I want to enjoy my time with him, and I know that a lot of anti depressants can cause you to lose your sex drive in the first month or even longer while on it.

I'm debating waiting until after thanksgiving to start it, or does it take a few weeks for those effects to happen so would I be fine if I started it today? I just don't want him to come home and me be a wreck especially during sex.

Just wondering if I break it in half and take 12.5 will that lessen the chances of the bad side effects. When I tried lexapro a month ago I had the worst panic attack of my life, that's why I stopped it. I want this one to work but I'm so scared