Is it advisable to take Wellbutrin XL with 20 mg of Prozac?

JohnCTaylor 3 Aug 2016

I have been taking Prozac and Welbutrin for quite a long time. It works OK for me John T

John McAvoy 3 Aug 2016

There is a moderate interaction resulting with lowering your seizure threshold. If your doctor put you on both then probably he/she already knows this. Each work on different neurotransmitters, prozac on serotonin and wellbutrin on dopamine. If you are not seizure prone then you should be ok. Check with your doctor to be sure. Be well and keep chatting.

janiebme 3 Aug 2016

Hi Norman-
I concur with John and John.
It is not uncommon to have two meds prescribed at the same time. Keep in close contact with your doc, he is the one that prescribed them.
Hope it all works out for you :)

WildcatVet 3 Aug 2016

Hi, Norman! If you're taking them together under the supervision of your doctor who monitors you closely you should be fine. But this link is to the interaction guide and you should be aware of some risks.
https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=1115-648,440-203
Best wishes to you! Wildcat