Hello. I posted yesterday on how I was hesitant about taking Lexapro. I have been on it for 9 days now. 7 days on 5mg and 2 days on 10mg. My primary doctor has prescribed me this and honestly I feel like she made the wrong choice and is over-medicating me. I deal with GAD and some OCD, i go to a psycologist every other week, and i workout regularly to try to reduce my anxiety. I have been praying for an answer on if i should continue to take medication for my anxiety. I woke up this morning with a definite answer that I wanted to stop completely and try to beat my anxiety on my own. I am also dealing with emetophobia and the fear comes and goes. I am currently waiting on a call back from my doctor to tell me if i can just stop taking Lexapro since its only been 9 days or if I need to taper off.

Does anyone have any suggestions on helping anxiety rather then taking medication?
Also, do you think it is okay if i just stop taking Lexapro since its been only 9 days on it?