Here's my story...

I just had my 3rd baby boy on November 8 and my midwife advised me to get the Liletta IUD 8 weeks postpartum. I went in 8 weeks postpartum to have it inserted. The insertion was very painful and I instantly started bleeding. I had severe cramping for 3 weeks and extremely heavy bleeding (felt like i was hemorrhaging) for 3 weeks. I had to take a week off work because the bleeding was so bad. I went in for my 4 week checkup post insertion and had a vaginal ultrasound. The ultrasound tech looked like something was wrong as soon as she started looking. She then got up and went and got my midwife. My midwife came in and told her to continue the ultrasound and then she informed me that the IUD was not there. She said it most likely fell out and everything should be fine. The thing is I never felt it fall out and didn't see it. She didn't even suggest an X-ray. It's been about 2 months and I've still had some awful symptoms. I've had heavy bleeding on and off and severe cramping on my left side. The pain is so bad it feels like I'm in labor and radiates down my legs.

I'm just looking for some advice. Should I ask for an X-ray? Thanks.