I am 18 1/2 years old and have been on ADHD medications since I was about 14. I have tried Concerta, Ritalin, Adderall, Adderall XR, Strattera, Focalin, Intuniv, and am currently on 70 mg of Vyvanse (and taking Lexapro as an anti-anxiety). The reason why a majority of these medications failed was because they either made me extremely irritable the whole time I was on them, or extremely irritable when they ware off. When I don't take them (and just take Lexapro), I feel amazing when I'm out doing stuff but it's extremely difficult to get schoolwork done when I sit down and try. When I do take my Vyvanse, it works for a few hours and I can be pretty productive, but when it wares off I feel like the whole world is crashing in on me. It makes me feel so depressed and all I want to do is sit in my room alone by myself and not talk to anyone.

I'm feeling extremely hopeless because I've tried so many medications and there have been so many problems. Has anyone tried an anti-depressant for ADHD, like Wellbutrin or anything like that?

If you've ever been in a situation like this and have tried a bunch of medications and have since found the right one, please respond with any advice you may have...