... also is addicted to percocet, xanax and ambien. She is physically and mentally ill. As farback s i can remember she has always been addicted to something. Growing up, it was alcohol. She was in and out of rehabs, in and out of AA etc.
The apartment that was once fixed up so nicely for her looks terrible. She insists that she keeps it clean. She must think im blind. My screens are torn and the whole place is filled with the smell of cigarette smoke. She looks more terrible than i can ever remember, getting fatter and less aware of stains and wrinkled clothes that she wears outside the house when making a run to the store for more cigarettes or cake. She shouldnt be driving, especially at night. She has terrible night blindness. The tension between my husband and me is getting worse. She has no respect for our privacy and calls at all hours for me to come upstairs and help her do something ridiculous like find something on the internet she needs immediately. She has become so narcasistic. I can go on and on..Its a tale as old as time. What makes this so difficult is that we both are alot older now and its still going on.. I cant kick her out onto the streets but shes making my life absolutely miserable. She gets her pills from a doctor, uses them up way before the month is over and goes through withdrawals on top of the regular pain she has that started this whole mess. She suffers from high blood pressure and osteoporosis. The only thing that makes her feel better is percocet. I dont know what to do. I have a therapist who has given me the link to a great rehab in CT. but she wont go. How do you change a woman whos almost 80 years old. I know im 47 but seeing her and watching this insanity makes me feel like 8 years old all over again. I am at my wits end. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should do?