Can I take one aday on the prednisone 10mg instead of the way its precribed?

masso 15 May 2016

I suggest that before you do anything you talk to your DR., do not change the way it was prescribed until you speak to him / her.

disciple1776 22 May 2016

As a matter of freedom of choice you can do whatever you believe to be best for your health. My doctors couldn't get me into an appointment any sooner than 5 weeks so they just told me to stay on 80mg of prednisone a day until they could see me again... totally uneccessarily high dosage. So I still have a week till I see them and I'm down to 20 mg. But that's the choice I made.

But the question you ask is confusing if it's about a "one a day" vitamin. Then SURE! No problem there. But if they're prescribing 40mg a day and you just want to take 10mg, just understand the effects won't be as effective. But maybe they'll be effective enough. The doctors are just making their best guess when they put you on a dosage and not all doctors are really good at what they do. I trust doctors the same way I trust auto mechanics and contractors. Some are awesome, some totally stink. Some love what they do and are passionate about it and for some, their patients might as well be a machine in a metal shop. So do your research, talk with the doc, make your own decision. That's the best advice I could give. No one cares about your health more than you and no one ever will.