Aciphex - once a 6 month treatment is finished, will the heartburn come back?

Marvell 12 Apr 2012

If your GERD is really bad then yes, when you stop taking Aciphex (rabeprazole) the the GERD symptoms can come back.

AquariusAnneCA 13 Apr 2012

It seems you have a problem that is causing the heartburn and if that original problem is not remedied, then it seems to me the heartburn will return. I have a hiatal hernia which in turn causes a problem called acid reflux which is usually associated with GERD and gives me heartburn. I took the medication omeprazole #20mg for 10 years with no heartburn in all that time and just a few months ago discontinued it due to lots of serious side affects. My heartburn is back with a vengeance! So, it depends on why you are on the Aciphex and then you will know the answer as to whether the heartburn will return. A knowledgeable GastroEnterologist is an appropriate person to talk with.
Good luck to you,