Acetaminophen/Oxycodone - how long are the good for? do they have an experation date?

LaurieShay 11 Dec 2012

Pharmacist recommend not taking a medication that is older than one year.

MacIntosh12 11 Dec 2012

Hi Mary, my bottle says (ok, it doesn't "say", as it really cannot talk, but tis written... ) don't take after one year. So, look at the date it was prescribed and go from there. However, someone just posted a Q about how long medications actually last, and some last for quite a long time after their expiration dates.
How old is your Hydrocodone or oxy/apap?

Best wishes to you,
Mac

oxymoRon30suite69 15 Dec 2012

Yep the rx's only put a year on the life these meds but if stored proper I've used 6year old lorcet for a killer toothache and they worked great, and i once used 3 yr old roxicodones that worked just like the ones i picked up last week, im sure there is a small diff but if u absolutely need em use em.

oxymoRon30suite69 15 Dec 2012