Skip to Content

I accidently took some phenytoin because it was in a ibprophen bottle do I need to go to er?

Responses (2)

kaismama 12 Dec 2014

How many pills did you take? As long as its not an overdose you don't. If you get bad side effects from it call your dr. You can call poison control and ask them 1-800-222-1222

kdbug93 12 Dec 2014

i only took a couple so i should be good right?

kaismama 12 Dec 2014

If it was a white capsule with an orange stripe, that's 100 mg cap so that's only 200, that will be ok, but you may feel the side effects masso talked about.

masso 12 Dec 2014

What happens if I overdose?

Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222. An overdose of phenytoin can be fatal. Overdose symptoms may include twitching eye movements, slurred speech, loss of balance, tremor, muscle stiffness or weakness, nausea, vomiting, feeling light-headed, fainting, and slow or shallow breathing.

Drugs.com free discount card

Further Information

Search for questions

Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.

Similar Questions