Is Abilify a good drug for bipolar people?

Anonymous 16 Oct 2012

Hello brendawebster84,

Welcome to the site.

I suffer from bipolar disorder and have taken Abilify in the past, and yes I find it to be a good medication, it made me more stable; but we are all different. Talk to your Dr. about it.

Abilify is used in the treatment of depression; bipolar disorder; schizophrenia; schizoaffective disorder; obsessive compulsive disorder and belongs to the drug class atypical antipsychotics.

Read more at: https://www.drugs.com/abilify.html

All the best,

maso.-

Anonymous 17 Oct 2012

Hello brendawebster84. It might be.(not taking away from maso's reply) Difficult to say, in as much as there have been no studies done on the drugs impact in regards to bipolar disorder/manic depression. Regards pledge

angel1662 17 Oct 2012

Hello brendawebster84,
Yes, Abilify is a good medication for bipolar, alot of times a doctor will put it as an add on as well for people with depression if just the antidepressant alone aint doing the job etc... it is also used for other conditions such as schizophrenia, think I spelt that right..lol... In my opinion meds are trial and error, meaning what may work for me, doesn't mean as u well no that it's going to work for u... just having to keep trying as I and so many others have till you find what works best for you! I use to be on this medication, but am no longer on it, not because it aint a good med. it just wasn't right for my conditions... good luck... angel16662