Is 8 weeks long enough to tell if zoloft is helping with obsessive intrusive thoughts?

Anonymous 5 Apr 2012

Hey Mare40, welcome to the site. I would think it's plenty long enough. You didn't specify your dose, but maybe it needs increased. That would be up to your doctor ofcourse. How often do you see them? Usually for meds like that (my hubby takes Zoloft) they like to see you every 4 to 6 weeks when you start a new med. It takes between 4 to 6 weeks to see if they are effective, & if not you will most likely need an increase in dose or a change to a different med... Mary

Mare40 5 Apr 2012

Thank you. I'm in Zoloft 50 and it has helped my depression and anxiety but not the obsessive and intrusive thoughts. My doc said we may have to increase I just don't know when.

Anonymous 5 Apr 2012

Your welcome! I would give them a call. That's a low dose really. Good luck to you. My hubby is bipolar & between Zoloft ,& Wellbutrin they have been a lifesaver for him & his depression... Mary