Is 60 mg morphine a 12 hour pill?

kaismama 14 Oct 2013

Most likely. The label should tell you how to take it. If it's extended release, it can't be crushed.

DzooBaby 14 Oct 2013

I know they have a 15mg and 30mg immediate release but I dont think they have a 60mg but I could be wrong.

DzooBaby 14 Oct 2013

if it is extended release, it will say morphine sulfate ER. This means it is a long acting pill, not necessarily a "12 hour" pill. The directions on a long acting pill will usually be to take it twice a day but I have seen some people need to take it every 8 hours and a few more often than that. If you are unsure which pill you have, your pharmacist should be able to tell you if it is a long acting or time release pill or you can inter the markings on the pill into the Pill Indentifier and it will tell you what it is.