I am 55, eat well, exercise and yet have no energy. I struggle with sleep, always tired, why?

Delila 21 Aug 2016

Have you asked your dr for a diabetes & thyroid function test?

smileyhappy 22 Aug 2016

Yes get your thyroid checked!

Smileyhappy

bestpup 25 Aug 2016

To debbiedowner
From bestpup
Aside from eating and exercising regularly you may benefit from a woman's multi-vitamin. Despite proper eating habits I too was exhausted late in the day. After discussing this with my doctor she told me to take a woman's multi-vitamin and she prescribed a prescription strength vitamin D2 50,000 units. One pill a week for 4 weeks than one pill every other week. This is in combination with a woman's multi-vitamin everyday.
I must say it took a good month before I saw a decrease in the fatigue but it did work.
Best of luck
bestpup

bestpup 25 Aug 2016

I forgot to mention I had my thyroid checked first then when it came back normal the doctor prescribed the double vitamins.