I am 55, eat well, exercise and yet have no energy. I struggle with sleep, always tired, why?

Delila 21 Aug 2016

Have you asked your dr for a diabetes & thyroid function test?

smileyhappy 22 Aug 2016

Yes get your thyroid checked!

Smileyhappy

bestpup 25 Aug 2016

To debbiedowner
From bestpup
Aside from eating and exercising regularly you may benefit from a woman's multi-vitamin. Despite proper eating habits I too was exhausted late in the day. After discussing this with my doctor she told me to take a woman's multi-vitamin and she prescribed a prescription strength vitamin D2 50,000 units. One pill a week for 4 weeks than one pill every other week. This is in combination with a woman's multi-vitamin everyday.
I must say it took a good month before I saw a decrease in the fatigue but it did work.
Best of luck
bestpup

bestpup 25 Aug 2016

I forgot to mention I had my thyroid checked first then when it came back normal the doctor prescribed the double vitamins.

KPFLUGH99 10 days ago

If the results of your blood work returns normal I would highly recommend having a sleep study. Since you do have Insomnia I would tend to believe you are also suffering Sleep deprivation. Consider talking to your Physician about having a sleep study. There are many disorders that can be diagnosed by doing so. Perhaps you have Sleep Apnea or Restless Leg Syndrome. I would also use a search engine to research your symptoms as well as above mentioned disorders. A locally owned Healthfood store can give you much information on Supplements to help with the fatigue. Just make sure to check any possible interactions. I know there is a condition known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I'm sorry I'm not knowledgeable enough about this Syndrome to comment anymore. I would use a search engine and search possible conditions for your fatigue and lack of energy. It will direct you to many valuable Medical sites.