Hi I was on 50mg of topamax but now on 25mgs I want off it completely how long before stopping it?

chuck1957 23 Mar 2017

Wellington Z; Sorry but there is no one answer for this. But at least your own your way anyway There are many reasons your just going to have to follow the doctor's directions I can tell you that it can take a while depending how long you have been on it already. The doctor is your best source and sometimes blood test to see how much of the medication level is in your system. The best is to keep checking with your doctor that has prescribed this medication and follow the doctor's orders. NEVER try to cut it down yourself. You well get off of it but in most cases the slower the better for you health. So please continue to talk with your doctor and see maybe he or she well right out a regular schedule on what or how much you can drop over a period of time. It is not as hard as it seems. Best of luck and try your best to be patient you well be off soon.