5 months pregnant & taking pain pills ,will she be able to stop in time to be out of babys system?

Trinabell 2 Jul 2016

If you can have her speak to her OB/GYN about this. She wont get in trouble. There are laws that protect her & her Dr will be able to help her stop taking them safely. If she is dependent its important she does this with a Drs help if possible for not only her well being but the babys as well. If she isnt dependent & only taking them when necessary under a Drs a care then she will be fine. If theres an addiction concern if she asks for help now she can be free of them by babies birth & baby wont be born dependent. Plz tell her that by asking for help she is not risking losing her baby. The law protects her so do Dr/patient confidentiality laws

worriedGmom 6 Jul 2016

I want to thank you so much for the feedback , I didn't think any one was going to respond so thank you . I will certainly have her talk to her Dr although she says he don't ever act like he is interested in what she complains about and I don't know but I would think she is to far along to switch Drs. But hopefully she will get the help she needs , I sure do hope so.