Can I take 5-htp and sam-e at the same time?

barney24 8 Jan 2013

Debbiemae... i would check with your doctor regarding mixing any drugs together. Not sure what 2 drugs you are referring to in your question.
Joe

msdiinsche 18 Jan 2013

I've just been reading a book by Patrick Holford, from the local library, unfortunately I've already given it back. I'm pretty sure you can take them together. I'm in New Zealand and sam-e is not available here :-( Patrick writes about taking those two + fishoil, chromium (for some people), B Vitamins, Zinc, Magnesium. I'm interested to know if HTP works for you? I tried what Patrick writes in his book, but my depression just not getting any better and think I will try Effexor my doc gave me, although I would prefer the natural way :-( Please let me know what works for you, I'm assuming you got depression? Thanks and sorry if this is not much help