... january 18th, so it's been a mere 10 days... i started on the 10 mg tablet... after 10 days, i really can't say i notice a huge difference of any kind... i do have a history of taking antidepressants over the last 12 years, very consistently. Zoloft for a year and a half, Effexor XR for a year, Celexa the longest at 3 years, which i weaned off of last march to start on wellbutrin... after only a month i opted off the wellbutrin, as it was not making me feel any better than i felt with celexa, and also, this will sound insane i realize, i can tell u for sure, this definitely works as a smoking cessation medication! i know it's the old zyban, and i did not consider the smoking thing, but sure enough, 5 days in, i was down to about 2-3 cigs a day, and i was not trying to quit, so that was pretty freaky... prior to viibryd i even tried Luvox for 10 days, in those 10 days at just 50 mg, i had gained close to 8 lbs - it was alarming and i had never experienced this with any med before! i was always hungry, like ravenously, must eat NOW, hungry! Lol, at that rate i told my doc i'd be 50 lbs heavier the next time i waddled in her door...
are there any women out there, late 30s to mid 50s, who have been taking this med for maybe longer than a couple of months, who can let me know the good, the bad and the hopefully not too ugly? i am tired of switching around, and i realize i need to give it a fair shot and was able to do this in the past with other meds, and the zoloft, effexor and celexa were all great, but as u probably have experienced for yourself, after a certain amount of time, you hit a plateau and they no longer work as well. i know that is common, and that is why i've been willing to just keep trying. my psychiatrist is a 65 yr old MD with a vast knowledge of pharmacology and she is up on every new thing hitting the pike and is open minded and encourages my experimenting and doesn't get annoyed with me if i don't like something and scrap it... my primary care physician told me he has only been prescribing viibryd for depression the last year and hears wonderful things about it, and i have read some very encouraging patient reviews, but i've also read some really freaky ones. again, it's been just 10 days at 10 mg. i'm guessing i will go up to 20 mg within the next few days and wondering if the increase to 20 mg is going to be when i start experiencing crazy/unpleasant/gi/nightmares side effects?? Please share with me your experiences, really hungry for learning all i can on this med, really hoping it's the one for me... nothing bad yet, other than maybe some irritability and prone to anger, but i also have not been sleeping enough and attribute it to that... thank you!