Will 300 mg of effexor give me energy?

WildcatVet 6 Apr 2016

Hi, sara! These very high doses of Effexor are usually reserved for the most severely depressed patients. It won't pharmacokinetically give you energy in the sense of stimulants like amphetamines or Nuvigil but rather relieve the depression and anxiety that's sapping your natural energy.
Best wishes, Wildcat

chuck1957 6 Apr 2016

Morning sarasari; my dear friend WCV; AS always hit this right on the head. Most of us the doctor well stick with a medication for many reasons like lack of side effects etc. and you are getting some response from it. I also am taking Effexor works great for me does not make me sleepy at all but it is not the medication all of our systems are different and it's how it affects us for 3 months I HAD TO GO UP TO 300MG got me through the hardest part then the doctor slowly decreased to my normal dose and as WCV. said the energy that does come is the depression getting off our backs and mind so to speak. And remember simple things like me it keeps your faith think positive and a sense of humor it's okay to laugh at stuff we think or do. this helps the mindset. and laughing is good medication. natural. good luck Chuck1957

howielinux 10 Apr 2016

It can be a wonder drug but keep track of your blood pressure at that dose please. Best wishes!