On 200 mg of Topamax how soon will I see results? I Started off at at 190 now to 183 my goal is 150?

lizbsr 19 Apr 2015

Hi again Tbell... I see you've increased your dose from 100mg/day to 200mg/day. The first question I'd ask, is how long you've been on the 200mg dose? Because I think in total you've only been on Topamax for three weeks. Sooooo, again, I think you're being a tad hard on yourself and expecting too much too quickly. Seven pounds isn't a bad thing. That's more than 2lbs/week. I too started off slowly, but moved up as the weeks went by. I think you should notice that by week 4 or 5. That said, everyone responds differently.
Ensure you're also doing what you can. Cut the carbs and sugar. Increase your protein, veges, fruits, and water intake, and count those calories. Use an App called "Lose It" if you'd like. It's great for managing your calories and activities, and you can also set your goal weight.
Best of luck and write me back whenever you'd like!! xxx

Tbell1984 19 Apr 2015

I Just started 200 mg 2 days ago. Take one in the morning in one in the night. I probably am being too hard and wanting fast results. My appetite is gone I usually have one salad a day that's about it with some chicken and plenty of water. How's your weight loss coming along?

lizbsr 19 Apr 2015

Hi Tbell,
My weight loss is coming along. It's slowed a bit since starting back on the Abilify, and that's something you need to consider on your weight loss journey. I've lost 5lbs in the last 2 1/2 weeks, which I suppose is okay, but a HUGE drop from the 4-5lbs I was losing weekly before restarting the Abilify. That said, I'm down 38 or so lbs from my starting weight, with 37lbs to go!!! I haven't been this small in 8years, so this is a HUGE accomplishment for me, and so exciting when others notice!!! Right now I'm still a size eight, and so proud of that!
Very happy for you with your weight loss, and I'm sure you'll see huge movement in the scale very soon...
Liz xxx

Tbell1984 19 Apr 2015

How long did it take you again?

lizbsr 19 Apr 2015

I'm guessing you're asking for my total weight loss. I didn't start the Topamax till I'd already lost 11lbs. I started the Topamax on or about the end of Feb. I think it was Feb 28/March 1 when I had the script filled. Sooo, that would be about 7 weeks ago. Hence, I've lost about 28lbs in 7 weeks.

Tbell1984 19 Apr 2015

That's awesome !!!

lizbsr 19 Apr 2015

Awhh, thx Tbell!!! Now, if only you could be so kind to yourself!!! :-)
You're doing GREAT!