Is it ok 2 take nucynta with amitriptyline for depression and sleep aid?

LaurieShay 12 Apr 2012

The following link explains the possible problem with taking these two medications:

https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=168-0,3132-13978

The amitriptyline is for depression and will help with sleep, but the nucynta is a pain reliever. Please approach the use of these two medications together with caution.

Dedegurl 12 Apr 2012

Thanks 4 sending me the link, im suppose 2 start the nucynta in the morning and i get nerves 2 start new meds. im currently on vicodin 10mg 365

Anonymous 12 Apr 2012

Please go to the intereaction checker at the top of this page & put in ALL meds you are one & read about the interreactions. You didn't mention the vicodin in your question... mary

Luvmydog 25 Apr 2012

When I did my reading up on Nucyenta it did say to not take with Amitriptyline ! It used to take it and on a medicine now that is comparable to Amitriptyline. I would do some research or ask pharmacist.