I took my 1st injection of Humira. I'm seeing my granddaughter. She has a cough should I avoid her?

Nitrobunny 21 Jun 2017

The risk of infection while on a biologic or DMARD is much higher than it would normally be because of the fact these drugs lower your immune system. You definitely need to be vigilant about staying away from people who currently have an infection. What is a simple cold for them could turn out to be much for you. It's difficult when we have children and grandchildren and you have to make decisions that are right for you. Ultimately you should ask your doctor and refer to the medication information they gave when you started the medication. If you develop signs of any infection including a sore throat or cough, call your rheumatologist immediately. I can tell you from experience these things can escalate rapidly.