I started using minoxidil 5% about 3 months ago and am starting to notice results, which is great. However, I am concerned that my usage of it may be dangerous.

I cannot apply the solution in the morning before work as it has the "It's something about Mary" effect on my hair (i.e. it curls up in a ridiculous looking way). So what I do in order to maintain having 2 doses of 1ml a day is to take the first 1ml dosage at exactly 5:45pm when I am back home from work. Then I take the 2nd 1ml dosage at around 11:30pm when I am ready to go to bed. So there is an approximate 6 hour gap in between dosages, as opposed to the 12 or so hours that the guidelines would have been.

Does anybody see a health risk with my strategy? I do not wish to lower the dosage as it has had noticeable effects on my bald spot, but at the same time I don't really want to risk getting other health problems with taking too high a dosage of Minoxidil at once.