My 16 yr old is on prozac 30mg & still no energy &always sleeping. Does she need a higher dose?

chuck1957 20 Sep 2015

aparklewing; You don't say how long your daughter has been on the Prozac In most cases it takes up to 6 weeks to get the full benefit of this medication. And make sure she is getting it at about the same time each day. If she has been on it close to this amount of time you should check with the Doctor. Or even in doubt call the doctor and let him/her know that so far it is not helping her if she has been on it at least 4 to 6 weeks. Hope it kicks in soon I know it is not easy. Have a good evening. Chuck1957

tall tree 29 Sep 2015

it gets worst before you feel better, tell her to stick with it,,I was ready to quit prozac, it took two months for prozac too work for me, feeling normal now, amazing drug..the first 5 weeks the prozac definitely intensify my depression, ocd and anxiety,