My 15yr old son that has ADHD has taken 6mg Melatonin w/no affect take 10mg Fast-Dissolve Melatonin?

Inactive 1 Apr 2017

Hi Nena82 I was taking Melatonin 10mg for the last 3 weeks , helped somewhat but my Pharmacist suggested childrens Liquid Benadryl and worked better for me . Hope this helps and is safe. Good Luck . This is a good site and has been very helpful to me . Again good luck . Sincerely Caravan 3565

TINAVLLRRL 28 Mar 2018

It's different for each kid depending on your body needs. My 7 year old son takes 1 5mg, my 12 yr old daughter takes two because she has a high tolerance and a high metabolism. My 15 yr old daughter needs 3 5mg because she's also has a low tolerance. I accidentally gave my 15 3 last night and she got sleepy within 15 mins where she's still normally awake after 2 hours of taking 2. They had her on clonidine but she didn't like the way it made you feel so I put her back on the Melatonin. I give my kids the gummy ones. CVS and Walgreens normally have buy 1 get 1 half off. Melatonin is naturally produced by your body but when you have ADHD or ADD your body doesn't make enough of it