Is 10mg Flexeril or 4mg Zanaflex more effective for chronic pain?

kaismama 30 Sep 2014

I would have to say flexeril is better, except for the fact that it puts me to sleep.

SpineLady 30 Sep 2014

I currently take Zanaflex 4mg. and I've taken Flexeril in the past, I don't really notice a difference between the two. They are both muscle relaxers, so I feel for my chronic pain I need more than just a muscle relaxer, but that's me. Again, I think they are both effective for muscle relaxation.

balbanese 30 Sep 2014

Hard to say, what works well for one does not for another. Best bet is to report your symptoms and allow the Dr to make the decision, recommend you do not make "suggestions." The pain patient/Dr relationship is in a very sad state these days, and it is not going to improve in our favor.

Play it safe, let the Dr do the prescribing and stick only to describing your ills, and you'll have a better chance of getting the help you need.