I am on 100 mg of Lamictal. Should I take it in the morning or night?

masso 10 Nov 2013

I am also on the same dose as you and I started @ night but I could not sleep as one side effect is insomnia, so I started taking it in the mornings. However less serious side effects are dizziness and feeling tired.
As you are aware we all react to medications in different ways, so what may work for me may not for you. Therefore you must try and see what is best for you a.m. or p.m. and inform your DR.

Emeraldgirl 10 Nov 2013

Hello Ocean. I hope that things are moving in the right direction for you. Please may I ask if you are on Lamictal for Fibromyalgia? - Take care

oceanluvr 10 Nov 2013

Hi Emeraldgirl.I am on Lamictal for Bipolar. For Fibromyalgia I take 30 mg of Amitriptyline at bedtime. It helps a little for the pain. My pain get worse when I run out of it and miss a day or 2 of taking it.I hope that was helpful... take care.

Emeraldgirl 12 Nov 2013

Hello Ocean. Yes it was helpful thank you. I am also on Amitriptyline. It was prescribed as a muscle relaxant for Chronic Myofascial Pain, which it has never worked for. 6 years later was diagnosed with FM and it does not help for this either. Hoping to change it for something else this week - Take care