10 yr old grandson has been put on Adderall, please what are the side effects?

suzanne66 3 Jul 2017

Adderall is a medication that acts as a central nervous system stimulant and can improve symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) or narcolepsy. The active ingredients in Adderall are dextroamphetamine and amphetamine.

There are many potential side effects from Adderall but not everyone experiences them. Some may resolve on their own as your body adjusts to the new medication. Others are more serious and require medical attention.

Possible side effects include nervousness, restlessness, and headache. Patients taking Adderall may have problems getting to sleep or staying asleep, or feel dizzy. Adderall is best taken in the morning to avoid sleep problems.
Some people may experience dry mouth, hoarseness, or slowed speech. Changes in vision are possible. This medication can slow a child’s growth.

Adderall can interfere with your circulation, causing toes or fingers to feel numb or hurt. The skin on the toes and fingers may turn blue or red. Stimulants can make your blood vessels constrict, raise your blood pressure, and make your heart beat faster.

Adderall increases the amount of glucose released into your system. It can cause stomach pain and constipation. It may also lead to nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Loss of appetite and weight loss are possible. It can slow down a child’s weight gain. Weight loss is a temporary side effect, and appetite should increase as your body adjusts to the medication.

Serious side effects include fever and weakness or numbness of the limbs. Adderall may cause swelling of the tongue, throat, or face. It can also lead to uncontrollable shaking, tics, or seizures. It can cause hallucinations, paranoia, and other thought problems. Adderall can cause an allergic reaction affecting the skin, causing it to itch. It may also result in hives, rash, or blistering skin.

These serious side effects should be immediately reported to your doctor.

For more detailed information on side effects of Adderall visit: https://www.drugs.com/sfx/adderall-side-effects.html

adnoira 3 Jul 2017

Both of my children were diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity. It was so bad I took both to a pediatric psychiatrist because their teachers were complaining about their bad behaviour. Both were given Adderall and both gave a 360 degree change in two weeks for the good. They never complained of the side effects at all and they became happier because they started having friends and being liked. They both raised their notes at school and the teachers asked if I was giving them something. She said they didn't move from their seats and were very attentive. So no side effects for my children but I do recall another kid, friend of mine kid who was given the same and he was always complaining of head aches I told her to take him to my doctor and he had been badly diagnosed, he had not attention deficit and he did not need the pill. So make sure you get the right diagnose.