VVMD-Vac + Bursine-2This page contains information on VVMD-Vac + Bursine-2 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- VVMD-Vac + Bursine-2 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for VVMD-Vac + Bursine-2
- Direction and dosage information for VVMD-Vac + Bursine-2
VVMD-Vac + Bursine-2This treatment applies to the following species:
Bursal Disease-Marek’s Disease Vaccine
Serotypes 2 & 3, Live Virus
For Veterinary Use Only
Read in full, follow directions carefully.
VVMD-Vac + Bursine-2 Caution
Use only in States where permitted and on premises with a history of infectious bursal disease.
VVMD-Vac + Bursine-2 is recommended for the vaccination of healthy one-day-old chicks only, to prevent the signs and lesions of Marek’s disease, and as an aid in the prevention of infectious bursal disease (IBD or Gumboro disease). Use only the Zoetis Inc. sterile diluent.
WarningGive subcutaneously only.
Store in liquid nitrogen. Dilute before using.
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
Use entire contents of vial when first opened.
Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
Directions For Use
1. Vaccinate healthy one-day-old chicks only.
2. Avoid early exposure of chicks to Marek’s and infectious bursal disease virus challenge.
3. Use Zoetis Inc. diluent only. Store diluent at not over 27°C (80°F).
4. Wear protective clothing when withdrawing vaccine from liquid-nitrogen refrigerator; protect hands with gloves, wear long sleeves, and use a face mask or goggles.
5. Before opening liquid-nitrogen refrigerator, prepare a clean, wide-mouthed container with a capacity of 1 to 5 gallons (3.8-19 liters). Half-fill this container with water 27°C (80°F).
6. When withdrawing a cane of vials from the liquid-nitrogen refrigerator, expose only the vial to be used immediately. When removing a vial from the cane, hold palm of gloved hand away from face and body. Dilute only 1 vial at a time. Immediately replace cane with remaining vials into the canister in the liquid-nitrogen refrigerator.
7. Place the vial into prepared container half-filled with water 27°C (80°F). The frozen material thaws rapidly. When thawed, towel-dry vial.
8. The vials are pre-scored below the gold band. Before snapping off the top portion, wrap vial with a cloth, holding the top part away from face and body.
9. Using a sterile mixing syringe with a 1 1/2-inch (3.8 cm) 18-gauge needle, draw up a small volume of diluent. Then draw the contents from the vaccine vial into the syringe and swirl gently. Insert needle into diluent bottle and slowly expel contents of syringe. Add vaccine from each 1,000 dose vial to 200 mL sterile diluent. Mix well by gently swirling the bottle. Withdraw a small amount of the reconstituted vaccine and use to rinse each vial injecting the rinses back into reconstituted vaccine. The vaccine is ready for use.
10. While vaccinating, maintain the diluted vaccine at 21° to 27°C (70° to 80°F). If the temperature cannot be held as low as 27°C (80°F), place the diluent bottle containing the diluted vaccine in an ice bath.
11. For vaccination, an automatic syringe with 22- to 20-gauge needles, 3/8- to 1/2-inch (0.95 to 1.27 cm) long, is recommended. Make certain that all equipment is sterilized and change needles frequently.
12. Inject each chick subcutaneously with 0.2 mL of the vaccine.
13. After diluting, use the vaccine within 2 hours. Do not save any vaccine that has been diluted. Burn vaccine containers and all unused contents. Dispose of all materials in a proper manner.
Take all precautionary measures, including the use of gloves and face shield or goggles, to avoid potential hazards of handling liquid-nitrogen and the possibility of explosion of glass vials as they are taken from the liquid-nitrogen refrigerator or canister or holding cane, or as they are placed in the thawing container. When removing the vial from the cane, hold palm of the gloved hand away from face and body.
Before using this vaccine, be certain to read directions.
Having cautioned the user concerning the handling of liquid nitrogen and the possibility of explosion of glass ampules as they are removed from the nitrogen or holding cane, or when placed in the thawing container, and having no control over the safety measures taken other than cautioning against possible dangers, Zoetis Inc. shall not be responsible for personal injury and/or property damage resulting from said handling and/or the possibility of explosion.
VVMD-Vac + Bursine-2 Caution
This product should be stored, transported, and administered in accordance with the instructions and directions.
The use of this vaccine is subject to state laws, wherever applicable.
Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
Keep a record of vaccine serial number and expiration date; date of receipt and date of vaccination; where vaccination takes place; and any reactions observed.
This product is nonreturnable.
List No.: 1510755PFE - 5 x 1,000 Doses
Zoetis Inc., Kalamazoo, MI 49007
U.S. Vet. License No. 190
NAC No.: 36903412
333 PORTAGE STREET, KALAMAZOO, MI, 49007
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the VVMD-Vac + Bursine-2 information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2014 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2014-04-11