Vista IBR SQThis page contains information on Vista IBR SQ for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Vista IBR SQ Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Vista IBR SQ
- Direction and dosage information for Vista IBR SQ
Vista Ibr SqThis treatment applies to the following species:
Bovine Rhinotracheitis Vaccine, Modified Live Virus
Product DescriptionThe reconstituted vaccine product contains modified-live culture of bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) virus.
Vista IBR SQ IndicationsFor the vaccination of healthy, non-pregnant cattle, 3 months of age or older, as an aid in the prevention of respiratory disease caused by infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) virus. Respiratory Duration of Immunity (DOI) has been demonstrated to be at least 182 days. Calves nursing immune-dams should be vaccinated when maternal antibody levels will allow active immunization. Additionally, Vista® IBR SQ is for the vaccination of healthy cows and heifers prior to breeding as an aid in the reduction of abortion caused by IBR. Reproductive DOI has been demonstrated to be at least 217 days.
Mixing DirectionsRehydrate freeze dried vial of Vista® IBR SQ with part of the accompanying vial of diluent using the transfer needle provided (see insert for pictorial directions). Mix reconstituted vial well and transfer rehydrated vaccine into diluent vial using transfer needle. Remove transfer needle from former diluent vial and mix reconstituted vial well. Peel label from bottle of Vista® IBR SQ and place on diluent vial containing all vaccine.
Vista IBR SQ Caution: Needle Is Sharp And May Cause Injury To Self Or Animals If Not Handled Properly Or Disposed Of Properly.
1. Insert needle beyond breather valve into cake vial to remove vacuum.
2. Turn cake vial upside down and fully insert needle into sterile diluent or bacterin diluent bottle. Be sure to clear cap with breather valve.
3. Turn attached vial and bottle so the cake vial is underneath the sterile diluent or bacterin diluent bottle and squeeze enough sterile diluent or bacterin diluent into cake vial to rehydrate cake. Mix well.
4. Turn attached bottles so rehydrated cake mixture is above sterile diluent or bacterin diluent bottle. Squeeze air into rehydrated cake mixture vial.
5. Squeeze and release sterile diluent or bacterin diluent bottle until all the solution in the rehydrated cake mixture vial drains into the sterile diluent or bacterin diluent bottle.
6. Separate the cake vial and needle from the sterile diluent or bacterin diluent bottle. Using the tab, remove the back of the cake vial label. Place the separated label over the sterile diluent or bacterin diluent bottle label to accurately identify the newly created solution.
Use DirectionsInject 2.0 mL subcutaneously. Annual revaccination is recommended. A revaccination dose can be administered at more frequent intervals based upon individual farm disease risk assessment or any time epidemic conditions exist or are reported. Consult your veterinarian.
Vista IBR SQ CautionsStore refrigerated at 35°-45°F (2°-7°C). Do not freeze. Use immediately after reconstitution; do not save partial contents. Burn the containers and all unused product. Use only in healthy cattle. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter. Do not use in pregnant cows or in calves nursing pregnant cows. If allergic reaction occurs, treat with epinephrine. Contains penicillin and streptomycin as preservatives.
For Use In Animals Only
Intervet Inc., Millsboro, De 19966
U.s. Veterinary License No. 165a
556 MORRIS AVE., SUMMIT, NJ, 07901
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Vista IBR SQ information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2014 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2013-12-23