Vista 5 SQThis page contains information on Vista 5 SQ for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Vista 5 SQ Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Vista 5 SQ
- Direction and dosage information for Vista 5 SQ
Vista 5 SqThis treatment applies to the following species:
BOVINE RHINOTRACHEITIS-VIRUS DIARRHEA-PARAINFLUENZA 3-RESPIRATORY SYNCYTIAL VIRUS VACCINE
Modified Live Virus
Product DescriptionThe reconstituted vaccine product contains modified-live cultures of bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) virus; bovine virus diarrhea (BVD) virus (Types 1 and 2); parainfluenza3 virus (PI3) and bovine respiratory syncytial virus (BRSV).
Vista 5 SQ IndicationsFor the vaccination of healthy, non-pregnant cattle, 3 months of age or older, as an aid in the prevention of disease caused by infectious bovine rhinotracheitis virus (IBR), bovine virus diarrhea virus (BVD) (Type 2), and bovine respiratory syncytial virus (BRSV), and as an aid in the control of disease caused by bovine virus diarrhea virus (BVD) (Type 1) and parainfluenza3 virus (PI3). Respiratory Duration of Immunity (DOI) has been demonstrated to be at least 182 days for IBR, at least 206 days for BVD (Type 1) & at least 200 days for BVD (Type 2). Calves nursing immune-dams should be vaccinated when maternal antibody levels will allow active immunization. In addition, Vista® 5 SQ is for vaccination of healthy cows and heifers prior to breeding as an aid in the reduction of abortion due to IBR; as an aid in the prevention of fetal infection, including persistently infected calves caused by BVD (Types 1 & 2); & as an aid in the prevention of persistently infected calves caused by BVD (Type 2). Reproductive Duration of Immunity (DOI) has been demonstrated to be at least 217 days for IBR, & at least 206 days for BVD (Types 1 & 2).
Mixing Directions10 Doses - Rehydrate freeze dried vial of Vista® 5 SQ with part of the accompanying vial of diluent. Mix reconstituted vial well.
50 Doses - Rehydrate freeze dried vial of Vista® 5 SQ with part of the accompanying vial of diluent using the transfer needle provided (see insert for pictorial directions). Mix reconstituted vial well and transfer rehydrated vaccine into diluent vial using transfer needle. Remove transfer needle from former diluent vial and mix reconstituted vial well. Peel label from bottle of Vista® 5 SQ and place on diluent vial containing all vaccine.
Use DirectionsInject 2.0 mL subcutaneously to healthy cattle 3 months of age or older. Annual revaccination is recommended. A revaccination dose can be administered at more frequent intervals based upon individual farm disease risk assessment or any time epidemic conditions exist or are reported. Consult your veterinarian.
Vista 5 SQ Caution: The Transfer Needle, Included In The Carton Packaging, Is Sharp And May Cause Injury To Self Or Animals If Not Handled Or Disposed Of Properly.
1. Insert needle beyond breather valve into cake vial to remove vacuum.
2. Turn cake vial upside down and fully insert needle into sterile diluent or bacterin diluent bottle. Be sure to clear cap with breather valve.
3. Turn attached vial and bottle so the cake vial is underneath the sterile diluent or bacterin diluent bottle and squeeze enough sterile diluent or bacterin diluent into cake vial to rehydrate cake. Mix well.
4. Turn attached bottles so rehydrated cake mixture is above sterile diluent or bacterin diluent bottle. Squeeze air into rehydrated cake mixture vial.
5. Squeeze and release sterile diluent or bacterin diluent bottle until all the solution in the rehydrated cake mixture vial drains into the sterile diluent or bacterin diluent bottle.
6. Separate the cake vial and needle from the sterile diluent or bacterin diluent bottle. Using the tab, remove the back of the cake vial label. Place the separated label over the sterile diluent or bacterin diluent bottle label to accurately identify the newly created solution.
Vista 5 SQ CautionsStore refrigerated at 35°-45°F (2°-7°C). Do not freeze. Use immediately after reconstitution; do not save partial contents. Burn the containers and all unused product. Use only in healthy cattle. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter. Do not use in pregnant cows or in calves nursing pregnant cows. If allergic reaction occurs, treat with epinephrine. Contains penicillin and streptomycin as preservatives.
For Use In Animals Only
Intervet Inc., Omaha, Ne 68103 Usa
U.s. Veterinary License No. 165a
556 MORRIS AVE., SUMMIT, NJ, 07901
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Vista 5 SQ information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2013 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2013-05-17