VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables (30 mg)This page contains information on VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables (30 mg) for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables (30 mg) Indications
- Warnings and cautions for VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables (30 mg)
- Direction and dosage information for VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables (30 mg)
VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables (30 mg)This treatment applies to the following species:
(pyrantel pamoate / praziquantel)
Package contents: bottle of 50 flavored chewables
Active Ingredients (in each chewable):
pyrantel pamoate (30 mg) and praziquantel (30 mg)
Purpose: De-wormer for Small Dogs and Puppies Only (6.0 to 25 pounds).
Uses: For the treatment and control of:
- Roundworms (Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina)
- Hookworms (Ancylostoma caninum, Ancylostoma braziliense, and Uncinaria stenocephala)
- Tapeworms (Dipylidium caninum, Taenia pisiformis)
Keep this and all medication out of the reach of children.
To obtain product information, including a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), call 1-800-338-3659.
When Using This Product:
- Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism.
- Do not de-worm a dog or puppy that is sick. Consult a veterinarian for diagnosis of the illness.
- Virbantel Flavored Chewables are safe for use in puppies 12 weeks or older and adult dogs. Safety in breeding dogs and pregnant bitches has not been tested.
You May Notice:
Vomiting, loose stools (with or without blood) and decreased activity following treatment. If you notice these signs, contact a veterinarian.
Directions For Use
Each flavored chewable contains 30 mg of pyrantel pamoate and 30 mg of praziquantel. The dose for each drug is 2.27 mg per pound of body weight (5 mg/kg). Please refer to the following dosing table for help finding the right dose for your dog.
Virbantel Flavored Chewables Dosing Table
Number of Chewables
6.0 to 12 pounds:
12.1 to 25 pounds:
More than 25 pounds:
Use 114 mg size.
- You should weigh your dog to make sure you are giving the right dose.
- Virbantel Flavored Chewables are palatable if offered by hand. If your dog does not voluntarily eat the chewable, you can hide the chewable in a small amount of food or place it in the back of the dog’s mouth for forced swallowing.
- Make sure that the dog eats the complete dose.
- Watch your dog for a few minutes after dosing to make sure the chewable is not rejected.
Recommended De-Worming Schedule:
Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism. De-worming schedules may vary depending on the climate where you live and the activity of your dog.
Re-treatment: Re-treatment of your dog may be necessary as determined by laboratory fecal examination and/or if your dog is living where re-infections are likely to occur. Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis and prevention of re-infection. In case of re-infection with tapeworms (Dipylidium caninum), consult your veterinarian for advice on how to remove fleas from the dog and the environment.
Manufactured by: Virbac AH, Inc., Fort Worth, TX 76137
StorageStore at controlled room temperature of 59-86°F (15-30°C).
To report a suspected adverse reaction, call 1-800-338-3659.
NADA 141-261, Approved by FDA
Virbantel is a registered trademark of Virbac S.A.
50 Flavored Chewables
NAC No.: 10231061
P.O. BOX 162059, FORT WORTH, TX, 76161
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the VIRBANTEL Flavored Chewables (30 mg) information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2015 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2014-12-03