Tremvac-FP-CAVThis page contains information on Tremvac-FP-CAV for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Tremvac-FP-CAV Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Tremvac-FP-CAV
- Direction and dosage information for Tremvac-FP-CAV
Tremvac-FP-CAVThis treatment applies to the following species:
READ IN FULL
AVIAN ENCEPHALOMYELITIS-CHICKEN ANEMIA VIRUS-FOWL POX VACCINE
Live & Modified Live Virus
Wing Web Stick Route
This vaccine is a live virus vaccine containing avian encephalomyelitis virus prepared from the Calnek strain, a modified fowl pox virus, and chicken anemia virus prepared from a modified U.S. field isolate. The vaccine is packaged in two separate units. One is a vial containing freeze-dried avian encephalomyelitis virus and fowl pox virus (TREMVAC-FP™). The second is a vial containing chicken anemia virus suspension (CAV-VAC™) to be used as the wing web diluent.
Tremvac-FP-CAV Indications For Use
This combination vaccine is indicated for the immunization of breeder chickens for prevention of disease due to avian encephalomyelitis virus and fowl pox virus. The chicken anemia virus portion prevents disease due to chicken infectious anemia in progeny of vaccinated breeders. Properly vaccinated chickens are protected throughout the laying cycle. The vaccine should be administered one time to breeder chickens via the wing web stick method from 10 to 12 weeks of age.
WARNING: USE OF THIS PRODUCT IN CHICKENS YOUNGER THAN THREE WEEKS OF AGE MAY CAUSE CLINICAL SIGNS OF CHICKEN ANEMIA. DO NOT VACCINATE BREEDER CHICKENS IN LAY.
Preparation Of Vaccine
DO NOT OPEN THE VACCINE UNTIL READY TO BEGIN VACCINATION. USE VACCINE IMMEDIATELY AFTER OPENING.
1. Remove the tear-off seal and stopper from the vial containing the freeze-dried TREMVAC-FP™.
2. Remove the seal and stopper from the CAV-VAC™ vial.
3. Pour one-half of the CAV-VAC™ from the vial into TREMVAC-FP™ vial. Insert the rubber stopper and shake until dissolved.
4. Pour the dissolved TREMVAC-FP™ into the CAV-VAC™ vial. Re-insert the rubber stopper and shake well. The vaccine is now ready for use.
For Chickens from 10 to 12 Weeks of Age
1. Vaccine is applied to the web of the wing. Use the enclosed two-pronged applicator.
2. A dose of 0.01 mL should be administered to each bird by dipping the applicator in the vaccine mixture, allowing the applicator grooves to fill with liquid, and stabbing the webbed portion of the wing from beneath. Avoid feathered areas of the web.
3. Periodically during use, re-insert stopper and shake vaccine well.
4. At about 7 to 10 days after vaccination, a few birds should be examined for takes. A good take reaction, indicating that a satisfactory vaccination job was done, shows swelling in the skin at the point of vaccination with scab formation. The scabs will fall off about 2 to 3 weeks following vaccination.
1. Do not vaccinate within 21 days of slaughter or 6 weeks prior to onset of or during lay.
2. VACCINATE ONLY HEALTHY CHICKENS. Although disease may not be evident, concurrent disease conditions may cause complications or reduce immunity.
3. All susceptible chickens on the same premises should be vaccinated at the same time.
4. Efforts should be taken to reduce stress conditions at the time of vaccination.
5. Do not spill or splash the vaccine.
6. Do not use less than one dose per bird.
7. Use entire contents when first opened.
8. Burn containers and all unused contents.
9. This vaccine contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
10. Following vaccination, virus may be shed in the feces. Thus, care should be taken to avoid spread of the vaccine virus to young chickens or to unexposed chickens in lay.
11. FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY.
This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets Intervet Inc., U.S. and local requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of the individual chickens and the degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions should be followed carefully.
This product is not hazardous when used according to directions supplied. A material safety data sheet (MSDS) is available upon request. This and any other consumer information can be obtained by calling Customer Service at 1-800-211-3573 (U.S) or 1-888-306-0069 (Canada).
Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date, and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed, and locations of chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
10 x 1000 Doses
10 x 1000 Doses (10 ml/vial)
The use of this vaccine is subject to applicable local and federal laws and regulations.
USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
STORE VACCINE BETWEEN 2 AND 7°C (35 AND 45°F)
THIS PRODUCT IS NON-RETURNABLE
QUALITY Tested for Purity, Potency and Safety
INTERVET INC., Omaha, NE 68103 U.S.A.
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
NAC No.: 10474282
2 GIRALDA FARMS, MADISON, NJ, 07940
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Tremvac-FP-CAV information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2015 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2015-07-09