Terminator Mouse and Rat Water Resistant Bait (Canada)This page contains information on Terminator Mouse and Rat Water Resistant Bait for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Terminator Mouse and Rat Water Resistant Bait Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Terminator Mouse and Rat Water Resistant Bait
- Direction and dosage information for Terminator Mouse and Rat Water Resistant Bait
Terminator Mouse and Rat Water Resistant BaitThis treatment applies to the following species:
Rat Poison For Indoor Rodent Control
Kills House Mice, Roof Rats and Norway Rats
Mice and Rats consume a lethal dose in a single feeding with mortality occurring 1 to 2 days after bait consumption. Rodents cease feeding after consuming a lethal dose in a single feeding. TERMINATOR® Mouse and Rat Water Resistant Bait is effective against anticoagulant-resistant mice and rats.
FOR LICENSED PEST CONTROL OPERATORS
Contains sorbic acid at 3% as a preservative.
REGISTRATION NO. 23761 PEST CONTROL PRODUCTS ACT
READ THE LABEL AND ATTACHED BROCHURE BEFORE USING
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Contains BITREX (an extremely bitter tasting substance that has been added to this bait to deter accidental consumption).
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF UNAUTHORIZED PERSONNEL
PRECAUTIONS: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNAUTHORIZED PERSONNEL, DOMESTIC ANIMALS AND PETS. May be harmful or fatal if swallowed. Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing. Wash hands after handling and before eating, drinking or smoking. Wash contaminated clothing with soap and hot water before reuse. This product is toxic to fish, birds and other wildlife. Keep out of any body of water.
If swallowed, If swallowed, call a poison control centre or doctor immediate for treatment advice. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control centre or doctor. Do not give any liquid to the person. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
If on skin or clothing, take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a poison control centre or doctor immediate for treatment advice.
If in eyes, hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control centre or doctor immediate for treatment advice.
Take container, label or product name and Pest Control Registration Number with you when seeking medical attention.
TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION: Contains petroleum distillates. TERMINATOR® Mouse and Rat Water Resistant Bait is not an anticoagulant type of rodenticide. If ingested, limit absorption by either emesis or gastric lavage. Follow immediately with activated charcoal and saline cathartic orally; repeat every 6-8 hours for at least 72 hours. Activated charcoal has been shown to be effective. Animals showing signs of toxicosis should receive supportive therapy - maintain body temperature, respiration and electrolytes. Cortosteroids and osmotic diuretics (mannitol) may be beneficial.
Directions For Use
SELECTION OF TREATMENT AREAS: Determine areas where mice and rats will most likely find and consume the bait. Generally, these areas are along walls, by gnawed openings, in or beside burrows, in corners and concealed places, between floors and walls, or in locations where rodents or their signs have been seen. Remove as much alternative food accessible to rodents as possible.
BAITING STRATEGY: Highest bait consumption is expected to occur on the first day or two after treatment. After several days, inspect the tamper-resistant bait stations and replenish bait at sites where there is heavy feeding or where there is continued evidence of rodent activity. Replace spoiled bait if recent rodent activity is apparent. Maintain bait for at least one week and continue baiting until all signs of rodent activity have ceased or it becomes clear that the remaining rats and mice are not attracted to the bait. Collect and properly dispose of all dead animals and leftover bait. To discourage re-infestation, limit sources of rodent food, water, and harborage as much as possible. If re-infestation does occur, repeat treatment. Where a continuous source of infestation is present, establish permanent bait stations and replenish as needed.
APPLICATION DIRECTIONS: Chemical-resistant gloves must be worn while applying this product.
NORWAY AND ROOF RATS: This product is to be used by licensed pest control operators as part of their rodent control program. Apply 2 to 6 TERMINATOR® Mouse and Rat Water Resistant Bait blocks per tamper-resistant bait station. Adjust the amount of bait applied to the level of rat feeding expected at each bait placement location. Tamper-resistant bait stations should be spaced at 6 to 9-meter intervals, in locations out of reach of children, pets, domestic
animals and non-target wildlife. The number and location of bait stations should be recorded. Place directly in tamper-resistance bait stations; do not remove bait from plastic cups. The bait is not to be placed outdoors or in areas near farm wells or water reservoirs or in areas where there is a possibility of contaminating sources of drinking water.
HOUSE MICE: This product is to be used as part of a rodent control program. Apply 1 to 2 TERMINATOR® Mouse and Rat Water Resistant Bait blocks per tamper-resistant bait station. Adjust the amount of bait applied to the level of mouse feeding expected at each bait placement location. Tamper-resistant bait stations should be spaced at 2.4 to 3.7 meter intervals, in locations out of reach of children, pets, domestic animals and non-target wildlife. The number and location of bait stations should be recorded. Place directly in tamper-resistant bait stations; do not remove bait from plastic cups. The bait is not to be placed outdoors or in areas near farm wells or water reservoirs or in areas where there is a possibility of contaminating sources of drinking water.
IMPORTANT: Do not expose children, pets or other non-target animals to rodenticides. To help prevent accidents:
- Store product not in use in a location out of reach of children and pets.
- Apply bait in locations out of reach of children, pets, domestic animals and other non-target wildlife in tamper-resistant bait stations. These stations must be resistant to destruction by dogs and by children, and must be used in a manner that prevents children from reaching into bait compartments and obtaining bait. If bait can be shaken from stations when they are lifted, units must be secured or otherwise immobilized. Even stronger bait stations are needed in areas that are exposed to industrial machines (e.g., fork trucks).
- Dispose of unused and stale bait in accordance with local requirements.
USE LIMITATIONS: For control of House Mice (Mus musculus), Norway and Roof rats (Rattus norvegicus and Rattus rattus) in homes, industrial and agricultural buildings, food-handling establishments and similar man-made structures. Bait must be placed in tamper-resistant bait stations. Tamper-resistant bait stations must have the following characteristics.
● constructed of high-strength material (e.g., metal or injection-molded plastic) and resistant to destruction by children, non-target animals and, if applicable, heavy industrial machinery (e.g., fork trucks)
● entrance designed so that children and non-target animals cannot reach the bait.
● internal structure, which prevents bait from being shaken loose.
● access panel, which fastens securely and locks (e.g., metal screw lock or padlock).
● capable of being securely fastened to a surface (e.g., nailed down, encased in cement).
● clearly labeled WARNING POISON.
These bait stations must be placed in locations out of reach of children, pets, domestic animals and non-target wildlife. A food-handling establishment is an area or place in which food is held, processed, prepared and/or served. In food-handling establishments, place tamper-resistant bait stations on the floor or ground near the walls where signs of rodent feeding are apparent. Do not place tamper-resistant bait stations in areas where there is a possibility of contaminating food or surfaces that come in direct contact with food.
● Non-food areas of food-handling establishments include garbage rooms, machine rooms, boiler rooms, garages, mop closets, and storage areas for canned, bottled or packaged products. For areas not directly related to food processing: use only in non-food or non-feed areas where feed, food, packaging and handling equipment are never opened nor exposed.
● Food areas of food-handling establishments include areas for receiving; serving; storing of dry, cold, frozen or raw foods; packaging, such as canning, bottling, wrapping and boxing; preparing, such as cleaning, slicing, cooking and grinding; edible waste storage; and enclosed processing systems, such as mills and dairies, or those systems used to produce edible oils and syrups. For areas where feed or food is processed, served or stored: use only when plant is not in operation. Remove or cover all food, packing material and utensils before placing bait in stations. Remove all baits and dead rodents before re-use of the plant (processing areas include storage and service).
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal.
StorageStore in a cool, dry place away from other chemicals. Store product not in use in a secure location inaccessible to children and non-target animals.
Do not reuse empty container. Dispose of unused or spoiled bait in accordance with local requirements. Follow provincial instructions for any required cleaning of the container prior to its disposal. Make the empty container unsuitable for further use. Dispose of the container in accordance with provincial requirements. For information on disposal of unused, unwanted product contact the manufacturer or the provincial regulatory agency in case of a spill, or for clean-up of spills.
RODENT DISPOSAL: Dispose of dead rodents in garbage or by burying.
NOTICE TO USER: This pest control product is to be used only in accordance with the directions on the label. It is an offence under the Pest Control Products Act to use this product in a way that is inconsistent with the directions on the label. The user assumes the risk to persons or property that arises from any such use of this product.
Manufactured By PM RESOURCES, INC., 13001 St. Charles Rock Road, Bridgeton, MO 63044 USA
314 291 6720
® Registered trademark of Engage Animal Health Corporation
25 x 28.35g bait blocks
6 jars x 25 x 28.35g bait blocks
NAC No.: 12650160
1030 GORDON STREET, GUELPH, ON, N1G 4X5
|Order Desk Telephone:||1-800-900-5487|
|Order Desk Fax:||1-877-220-2223|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Terminator Mouse and Rat Water Resistant Bait information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2014 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2014-04-11