Sevin (Canada)This page contains information on Sevin for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Sevin Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Sevin
- Direction and dosage information for Sevin
SevinThis treatment applies to the following species:
FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY
A Dispersible Powder Containing Carbaryl
GUARANTEE: 50% w/w Carbaryl
REGISTRATION NO. 9042 PEST CONTROL PRODUCTS ACT
READ THE LABEL BEFORE USING
1. Chickens, Ducks, Geese, Turkeys & Domestic Game Birds: Kills northern fowl mite, lice, fleas and fowl ticks.
2. Beef & Dairy Cattle, Sheep, Hogs, Goats & Horses: Kills winter ticks, lice, fleas and hornflies.
3. In or around Poultry Houses & Farm Buildings: Kills poultry mites, fleas, bedbugs and fowl ticks.
Directions For Use
1. Chickens, Ducks, Geese, Turkeys & Domestic Game Birds: Mix 10 g/L water and spray at a rate of 45 mL/bird. Repeat in 4 to 8 weeks or as necessary.
2. Beef Cattle, Sheep, Hogs, Goats & Horses: Mix 10 g/L water and apply thoroughly to the entire animal at a rate of 4.5 L/head. Repeat as necessary, but no more than twice weekly.
Dairy Cattle: Mix as directed above, but spray carefully along topline, sides, and legs. Strictly avoid direct applications to underline and udder. Apply immediately after milking, and wash udder thoroughly before next milking. Do not contaminate milk utensils.
3. Poultry Houses & Farm Buildings: For mites, fleas and bedbugs, mix 15 g/L water; for fowl tick, mix 40 g/L water. Spray 50 to 100 mL/m2 of wall, bedding, litter, roost, or nest surfaces. Force spray into cracks and crevices. Repeat as needed. Ventilate while spraying.
To prevent residue in milk or meat, do not apply within 1 week of slaughter.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Harmful if swallowed or inhaled. Avoid breathing dust or spray mist. Avoid contact with skin. Wash thoroughly after handling. Change contaminated clothing.
Skin Contact: Flush skin with water. Remove any contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Eye Contact: Flush eyes with water for 5 to 10 minutes. Inhalation: Remove to fresh air. Ingestion: Induce vomiting at once. Call a Poison Control Centre or a physician immediately.
Take container, label or product name and Pest Control Product Registration Number with you when seeking medical attention.
Atropine is an antidote. 2-PAM must not be used.
1. Thoroughly empty the contents of the container into the application device.
2. Make the empty container unsuitable for further use.
3. Dispose of the container in accordance with provincial requirements.
4. For information on disposal of unused, unwanted product, contact the manufacturer or the provincial regulatory agency. Contact the manufacturer and the provincial regulatory agency in case of a spill, and for clean-up of spills.
Notice To Users:
This control product is to be used only in accordance with the directions on the label. It is an offense under the Pest Control Products Act to use a control product under unsafe conditions.
SEVIN® is a registered trademark of Rhône-Poulenc Nederland B.V.-authorized user Rhône-Poulenc Canada Inc.
Presentation/Packing: 1 kg/carton.
NAC No.: 11810632
1199 SANFORD STREET, WINNIPEG, MB, R3E 3A1
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Sevin information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2014 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2014-05-28