Sentry HC Worm X Plus Flavored De-Wormer Chewables For Small Dogs & PuppiesThis page contains information on Sentry HC Worm X Plus Flavored De-Wormer Chewables For Small Dogs & Puppies for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Sentry HC Worm X Plus Flavored De-Wormer Chewables For Small Dogs & Puppies Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Sentry HC Worm X Plus Flavored De-Wormer Chewables For Small Dogs & Puppies
- Direction and dosage information for Sentry HC Worm X Plus Flavored De-Wormer Chewables For Small Dogs & Puppies
Sentry HC Worm X Plus Flavored De-Wormer Chewables For Small Dogs & PuppiesThis treatment applies to the following species:
Sentry® HC Worm X Plus® Flavored Chewables
Package contents: Blisters of 2 or 12 chewables
Active Ingredients (in each chewable): Pyrantel Pamoate (30 mg) and Praziquantel (30 mg)
Purpose: De-wormer for Puppies and Small Dogs Only (6.0 to 25 pounds)
Uses: For the treatment and control of
• Tapeworms (Dipylidium caninum, Taenia pisiformis)
• Roundworms (Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina)
• Hookworms (Ancylostoma caninum, Ancylostoma braziliense, and Uncinaria stenocephala)
Human Warning: Keep this and all medication out of the reach of children. To obtain product information, including a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), call 1-800-224-PETS (7387).
When Using This Product:
• Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism.
• Do not de-worm a dog or puppy that is sick. Consult a veterinarian for diagnosis of the illness.
• Sentry HC® Worm X Plus® Flavored Chewables are safe for use in puppies 12 weeks or older and adult dogs. Safety in breeding dogs and pregnant bitches has not been tested.
You May Notice: Vomiting, loose stools (with or without blood) and decreased activity following treatment. If you notice these signs, contact a veterinarian.
Directions For Use
Each flavored chewable contains 30 mg of pyrantel pamoate and 30 mg of praziquantel. The dose for each drug is 2.27 mg per pound of body weight (5 mg/kg). Please refer to the following dosing table for help finding the right dose for your dog.
Sentry HC® Worm X Plus® Flavored Chewables Dosing Table
No. of Chewables
6.0 to 12.0 pounds
12.1 to 25 pounds
More than 25 pounds
Use the 114 mg size
• You should weigh your dog to make sure you are giving the right dose.
• Sentry HC® Worm X Plus® Flavored Chewables are palatable if offered by hand. If your dog does not voluntarily eat the chewable, you can hide the chewable in a small amount of food or place it in the back of the dog’s mouth for forced swallowing.
• Make sure that the dog eats the complete dose.
• Watch the dog for a few minutes after dosing to make sure the chewable is not rejected.
Recommended De-Worming Schedule: Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism. De-worming schedules may vary depending on the climate where you live and the activity of your dog.
Re-treatment: Re-treatment of your dog may be necessary as determined by laboratory fecal examination and/or if your dog is living where re-infections are likely to occur. Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis and prevention of re-infection. In case of re-infection with tapeworms (Dipylidium caninum), consult your veterinarian for advice on how to remove fleas from the dog and the environment.
StorageStore at controlled room temperature of 15-30°C (59-86°F).
FOR USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
In case of ingestion by humans, contact a physician immediately. Physicians may contact a Poison Control Center for advice concerning cases of ingestion by humans.
NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION
In case of an Emergency: call 1-800-781-4738.
Non-Emergency: call 1-800-224-PETS (7387).
If you have questions or comments about this product, please write: Sentry Consumer Response, PO Box 540399, Omaha, NE 68154-0399.
Distributed by: Sergeant’s Pet Care Products, Inc., Omaha, NE 68138
Visit us at www.sentrypetcare.com
MADE IN USA
NADA #141-261, Approved by FDA.
2 FLAVORED TABLETS
12 FLAVORED TABLETS
NAC No.: 1083141.3
P.O. BOX 540399, OMAHA, NE, 68154-0399
|Clinical Inquiries: Regulatory Manager:||402-938-7065|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Sentry HC Worm X Plus Flavored De-Wormer Chewables For Small Dogs & Puppies information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2014 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2014-09-05