RTD (Canada)This page contains information on RTD for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- RTD Indications
- Warnings and cautions for RTD
- Direction and dosage information for RTD
RTDThis treatment applies to the following species:
Concentrated Liquid CIP Detergent
Clean with reduced water temperature
For Food Industries and Agricultural Use Only
Non-foaming CIP chlorinated alkaline detergent for pipelines and bulk tanks. Removes butterfat and milk protein soils from milking equipment. Specially formulated to be used with reduced wash water temperature.
1) RINSE: Immediately after milking, rinse the system with clean, warm water (38-43°C). Do not recirculate water. Drain system.
2) WASH: For proper reduced temperature cleaning, water should not be less than 30°C at the end of the wash cycle. Start temperature is based on the temperature drop in your system. Typical start temperature is 45°C. Recirculate the proper solution of RTD™ through the entire system for 5-10 minutes.
- 5 ml of RTD™ per litre of water (1 oz. / 1.5 US gallons) at water hardness of 0-18 grains/gal.
- 7.5 ml of RTD™ per litre of water (1 oz. / 1 US gallons) at water hardness of 19-25 grains/gal.
3) ACID RINSE: Recirculate a solution of DeLaval CIP acid following label instructions.
4) SANITIZE: Just prior to milking, circulate a solution of Della-San™ chlorine sanitizer as directed on the label.
Thoroughly rinse with potable water all equipment and surfaces subject to direct contact with food after treatment with this product. All laundered fabrics for use in food plants should also be thoroughly rinsed with potable water after contact with this product.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL:
Store out of reach of children. Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a cool and dry area. Store away from acids. Rinse container and dispose in a safe manner. There will be no contamination of food as a result of proper use and storage.
INGREDIENTS: sodium hydroxide, sodium hypochlorite, polyacrylic acid, phosphonobutanetricarboxylic acid, methanesulfonic acid
Refer to material safety data sheet.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Do not mix this product with an acid as a harmful gas is immediately formed.
Store away from acidic products.
DANGER: Corrosive or irritating to eyes, skin and mucous membranes. Harmful if swallowed.
PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES: Wear protective apron, rubber gloves and safety goggles or facial shield when handling this product.
FIRST AID MEASURES: In case of accidental contact, flush exposed area with large amounts of water. If irritation or burn develops, get medical attention. Remove any contaminated clothes or shoes. For eyes, flush with large amount of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention. If swallowed, drink large quantities of milk, egg whites, gelatin solution or water. DO NOT induce vomiting. Get medical attention immediately. If inhaled, immediately move victim to fresh air and get medical attention.
CANUTEC EMERGENCY NUMBER: (613) 996-6666
DeLaval Inc., 2020 Fisher Drive, Peterborough, Ontario, K9J 7B7
Made in Canada
Product code: 6530
Net contents: 20 L, 55 L, 205 L, 1000 L
NAC No.: 12170150
150-B JAMESON DRIVE, PETERBOROUGH, ON, K9J 0B9
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the RTD information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2016 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2016-03-21