Quikchek Glucose Reagent StripsThis page contains information on Quikchek Glucose Reagent Strips for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Quikchek Glucose Reagent Strips Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Quikchek Glucose Reagent Strips
- Direction and dosage information for Quikchek Glucose Reagent Strips
Quikchek Glucose Reagent StripsThis treatment applies to the following species:
Glucose Reagent strips are a disposable plastic reagent strip for the determination of glucose. A semi-permeable membrane is employed to serve as a barrier to prevent blood cells from entering into the reagent pad area. Each strip is stable and ready to use when removed from the storage vial.
Quikchek Glucose Reagent Strips Indications
Glucose Reagent Strips are a one minute test for glucose in whole blood, serum or heparinized plasma.
Test Procedure: Specimen Collection and Preparation: Glucose Reagent Strips are intended for use with serum, heparinized plasma, or whole blood. Blood glucose undergoes glycolysis rapidly after drawing. To prevent loss due to glycolysis use blood samples immediately.
1. Range: 50-400 mg/dl
2. Specimen: Serum, heparinized plasma or whole blood
3. Sample Volume: 50-100 µL
4. Reaction Time: 60 seconds
5. Storage: Room temperature below 30°C (86°F)
Whole blood with fluoride as a preservative should be avoided. Hematocrits greater than 55% can cause lower results.
Proper timing is critical for this technique.
1. Apply 1 large drop (50-100 µL) of sample to the pad.
2. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Wipe sample off with a tissue. Use moderate pressure evenly on the reagent pad area. Remove all excess sample.
4. Wait an additional 30 seconds.
5. Compare color of the pad with the color chart to obtain glucose value.
StorageReagent strips should be stored in the vial in a cool, dry place at room temperature below 30°C (86°F). Avoid excessive humidity, temperature extremes, and direct sunlight. The vial should be stored tightly capped with the desiccant. Remove desired number of strips and recap immediately. Do not handle reagent pad area.
Caution(s): Glucose strips are for in-vitro diagnostic use.
Presentation: Glucose reagent strips are available in vials of 25 strips.
NAC No.: 14880070
1351 OLD 56 HWY WEST BLDG F, OLATHE, KS, 66061
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Quikchek Glucose Reagent Strips information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2014 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2014-09-05