Prorab-1This page contains information on Prorab-1 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Prorab-1 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Prorab-1
- Direction and dosage information for Prorab-1
Prorab-1This treatment applies to the following species:
Product DescriptionPRORAB®-1 is an inactivated virus vaccine produced form the Pasteur-RIV/PTA/78 rabies virus strain grown on the PRO-CELL STABLE CELL LINE™. PRORAB®-1 contains an adjuvant to enhance long-lasting immunity and is presented in a ready to use liquid form.
Prorab-1 IndicationsFor vaccination of healthy dogs, cats and sheep against rabies.
Directions For UseDOGS AND CATS - Aseptically administer 1 mL subcutaneously or intramuscularly. Primary vaccination is recommended at 3 months of age or older. Annual revaccination with a single dose is recommended. SHEEP - Aseptically administer 2 mL intramuscularly. Primary vaccination is recommended at 3 months of age or older. Annual revaccination with a single dose is recommended.
Safety And EfficacyThe safety and efficacy of PRORAB®-1 have been established in extensive studies conducted in accordance with U.S.D.A. regulations.
1. Recommended storage temperature 35-45°F (2-7°C). Do not freeze.
2. Shake well before use.
3. Use entire contents when first opened.
4. Non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes should be used for administration of vaccine.
5. Administration of epinephrine may be indicated in the event of an anaphylactic reaction.
6. Contains thimerosal, neomycin and polymyxin B as preservatives.
7. Burn this container and all unused contents.
8. Only healthy animals should be vaccinated. Animals incubating disease or stressed due to shipping, malnutrition or parasitism may not achieve or maintain an adequate immune response.
9. Do not vaccinate food producing animals within 21 days of slaughter.
10. This product is not hazardous when used according to directions supplied. A material safety data sheet (MSDS) is available upon request. This and any other consumer information can be obtained by calling Intervet’s Customer Service Department at 1-800-441-8272.
Product Code Number: R-444-10-1
Supplied: 10 dose vials (5-10 dose vials per carton).
Packaged in recyclable plastic containers.
For Veterinary Use Only
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
Intervet Inc., Millsboro, Delaware Usa
556 MORRIS AVE., SUMMIT, NJ, 07901
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Prorab-1 information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2014 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2013-12-23