Pro'tect HEThis page contains information on Pro'tect HE for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Pro'tect HE Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Pro'tect HE
- Direction and dosage information for Pro'tect HE
Pro'tect HEThis treatment applies to the following species:
HEMORRHAGIC ENTERITIS VACCINE, LIVE VIRUS
LIVE, CELL CULTURE GROWN VIRUS.
USE ONLY IN TURKEY DRINKING WATER.
STORE REFRIGERATED AT 2° to 7°C (35° to 45°F) UNTIL USE
For Veterinary Use Only
Directions For Use
This Hemorrhagic Enteritis Vaccine is a live virus vaccine containing Hemorrhagic Enteritis Virus which is immunogenic for turkeys when administered via drinking water to healthy poults that are a minimum of 22 days of age.
HOW TO VACCINATE
1. Vaccinate only healthy poults free from environmental or physical stress.
2. Use only clean water tanks, lines, and fountains free of disinfectants or sanitizers. To insure Hemorrhagic Enteritis Vaccine stability, a non-fat powdered milk product must be flushed through the drinking system a minimum of 30 minutes prior to vaccination.
3. Administer Hemorrhagic Enteritis Vaccine at day’s first light. Calculate quantity of water necessary to administer vaccine using the following guide:
Water Required per 1000 Poults
Age in Days
Gallons of Water
22 to 28
20 to 30
29 to 35
30 to 40
36 to 42
40 to 50
4. A non-fat powdered milk product must be added to tank containing water as calculated (in #3 above) approximately 30 minutes prior to adding the Hemorrhagic Enteritis Vaccine. Again, use 1 lb powdered milk product per 100 gallons of water.
5. Remove the desired number of doses from refrigerator and tip each bottle back and forth to insure contents are thoroughly mixed. Tear off aluminum seals and remove rubber stoppers. Pour contents of vials into one gallon of pre-mix water as prepared in #6 below. Mix thoroughly.
6. Obtain pre-mix water by drawing off a one gallon quantity of the drinking water prepared in #4 above, or by adding 1 tablespoon of a non-fat powdered milk product to one gallon of water.
7. Pour the thoroughly mixed one gallon of pre-mix solution into tank (prepared in #4 above). Contents of tank should be thoroughly mixed for several minutes and remixed at 2 hour intervals during vaccine administration.
8. Provide ample water space so all turkeys have easy water access. Allow all vaccine to be consumed. Vaccine should be consumed in 8 hours.
9. Burn all empty vaccine bottles immediately after use. Do not reuse open bottles.
10. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
PENICILLIN/STREPTOMYCIN AND AMPHOTERICIN B AS PRESERVATIVES
DO NOT ACCEPT IF SEAL IS BROKEN
USE ENTIRE VIAL CONTENTS WHEN FIRST OPENED
BURN CONTAINER AND ALL UNUSED CONTENTS
FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE REPACKAGING OR SALE OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS CARTON IN FRACTIONAL UNITS.
U.S. VETERINARY LICENSE NO. 343
BRINTON LABORATORIES, INC., NEW LONDON, MN 56273
Presentation: Available in cartons containing 10,000 doses: 2 x 5,000 dose (15 mL) vials.
NAC No.: 11250003
8498 206TH AVE NE, BLDG B., NEW LONDON, MN, 56273
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Pro'tect HE information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2014 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2014-04-11