Poulvac IB ArkThis page contains information on Poulvac IB Ark for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Poulvac IB Ark Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Poulvac IB Ark
- Direction and dosage information for Poulvac IB Ark
Poulvac IB ArkThis treatment applies to the following species:
Arkansas Type, Live Virus
For veterinary use only
Read in full, follow directions carefully.
Bronchitis Vaccine, Arkansas Type, Live Virus, is recommended for administration to healthy chickens as an aid in the prevention of infectious bronchitis, Arkansas serotype.
Do not store over 45°F (7°C).
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
Use entire contents when first opened.
Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
For intranasal, intraocular or drinking-water administration.
Caution: Use of this product is restricted to states in which officials have permitted it.
For intranasal or intraocular vaccination
This vaccine may be accompanied by diluent and is recommended for the vaccination of healthy chickens one day of age or older.
1. Rehydrate 1 vial of vaccine with 1 vial of diluent.
2. Remove seal and stopper from vaccine and diluent vials. Avoid contamination of stoppers and contents.
3. Add diluent to half-fill the vaccine vial. Replace stopper and shake.
4. Pour the rehydrated vaccine into the diluent container. Replace stopper and shake.
5. Remove the stopper and fit eye-drop dispenser tip into diluent container.
6. To vaccinate intranasally, place finger over one of the bird’s nostrils and place 1 drop of vaccine in the other nostril. Do not release bird until vaccine has been inhaled.
7. To vaccinate intraocularly, place 1 drop of vaccine in the eye.
For Drinking-water Vaccination
This vaccine is recommended for the vaccination of healthy chickens 2 weeks of age or older.
1. Discontinue use of medications or sanitizing agents (such as chlorine) in the drinking water 24 hours before vaccinating. Do not resume use for 24 hours following vaccination.
2. Provide enough waterers so two-thirds of the birds may drink at one time. Scrub waterers with fresh, clean, non-chlorinated water and drain dry. Do not give vaccine water through medication tanks.
3. Turn off automatic waterers 2 to 4 hours before vaccinating so that the only available water is the vaccine water.
4. Remove seal and stopper. Half-fill with clean, cool, non-chlorinated water. Replace stopper and shake until dissolved.
5. Use a clean container two-thirds filled with cool, clean, non-chlorinated water. Add dried milk at a rate of 1 ounce per 2.5 gallons. Stir the mixture until the dried milk is dissolved.
6. Add the rehydrated vaccine from the vial and again stir the contents thoroughly.
7. Next, add the mixture to the final volume of water, as follows:
Add this amount of vaccine
to this final volume of water
for chickens 2 to 8 weeks old
for chickens over 8 weeks old
2.5 to 5 gallons
5 to 10 gallons
8. Give 1 dose of vaccine per bird, distributing the final volume of (vaccine) water evenly among the clean waterers. Do not place in direct sunlight.
9. Resume regular water administration only after all the vaccine water has been consumed.
If possible, vaccinate all susceptible birds on the premises at the same time. For 10 to 14 days after vaccinating, avoid carrying vaccine particles on shoes, clothing, etc., into areas where there are unvaccinated birds.
Do not deprive birds of water in extremely hot weather.
THIS VACCINE IS NONRETURNABLE.
Zoetis Inc., Kalamazoo, MI 49007
U.S. Vet. License No. 190
Presentation: 10,000 doses.
NAC No.: 36903102
333 PORTAGE STREET, KALAMAZOO, MI, 49007
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Poulvac IB Ark information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2014 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2014-07-28