PneumomuneThis page contains information on Pneumomune for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Pneumomune Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Pneumomune
- Direction and dosage information for Pneumomune
PneumomuneThis treatment applies to the following species:
Avian Pneumovirus Vaccine, Modified Live Virus
U.S. Vet. Lic. No.: 368
This vaccine contains live avian pneumovirus in a freeze-dried form. The application of this vaccine to one-week-old susceptible turkeys will aid in the prevention of respiratory disease caused by avian pneumovirus infection.
Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
Warranty: This vaccine was thoroughly tested before sale and meets the requirements of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
This vaccine is recommended for vaccination of healthy turkeys at one week of age or older using either drinking water or intraocular routes of administration. Revaccination is recommended four weeks later. Turkeys should be maintained in good environmental conditions and exposure to infectious diseases should be reduced as much as possible.
Directions For Use
For drinking water or intraocular use.
Drinking Water Application:
1. Do not open or rehydrate the vaccine until ready to vaccinate.
2. Do not use any medications, sanitizers or disinfectants in the drinking water for 48 hours before vaccination and for 24 hours after vaccination.
3. Thoroughly rinse water lines or waterers with fresh clean water.
4. Prior to administration of the vaccine, withhold water from the turkeys for approximately 2 hours to stimulate thirst. Be careful in hot weather.
5. Rehydrate the vaccine as follows:
Note: As an aid in preserving the vaccine, 30 mL (1 ounce) of rehydrated non-fat powdered milk may be added to each 3.8 liters (1 gallon) of clean, cool, non-chlorinated water used for hydrating and mixing the vaccine.
a. Remove the aluminum seal and rubber stopper from the vial containing the freeze-dried vaccine.
b. Carefully pour the milk/water into the vaccine vial until the vial is approximately two-thirds full.
c. Insert the stopper and shake vigorously until all vaccine is rehydrated.
d. Pour vaccine into medicator or reservoir.
e. Rinse vaccine vial to remove all vaccine and add to the vaccine solution to be administered.
6. The vaccine is to be mixed with an appropriate volume of water to be consumed over a one-hour period depending on the age of the turkeys, ambient temperature and the type of watering system used. For 1,000 one-week-old turkeys, it is recommended to mix the rehydrated vaccine with 15.2 liters (4 gallons) of water.
7. Distribute the vaccine to ensure all to turkeys have access to water.
8. Avoid placing vaccine in direct sunlight.
9. Provide no other drinking water until all the vaccine has been consumed.
1. Remove the aluminum seal and rubber stopper from the vial containing the freeze-dried vaccine and pour part of the diluent supplied with the vaccine into the vial.
2. Insert the rubber stopper and shake well until all vaccine is rehydrated. Pour the rehydrated vaccine back into the remaining diluent in the diluent vial and mix. Allow 30 mL of diluent for each 1,000 turkeys.
3. Place the dropper tip in the diluent vial. The vaccine is now ready for intraocular administration.
4. Hold the bird on its side and allow one drop of the mixed vaccine to fall onto the open eye.
5. Hold the bird until the drop of vaccine disappears. Care must be taken to avoid injury to the eye with the dropper tip.
Precaution(s): Store the vaccine at 35-45°F (2-7°C).
Do not open and mix the vaccine until ready to begin vaccination.
Use entire contents of vial immediately after mixing.
Burn the container and all unused contents.
This vaccine is not returnable to the manufacturer.
Caution(s): Notice: This vaccine is conditionally licensed. Potency and efficacy studies are in progess.
Do not dilute or otherwise extend the dosage.
Vaccinate all turkeys on the premises at the same time.
Vaccinate only healthy turkeys.
Warning(s): Do not vaccinate within 21 days of slaughter.
Patent No. 6605460 1B
Presentation: 10 x 500 doses, 10 x 1,000 doses, 10 x 2,000 doses, 10 x 5,000 doses and 10 x 10,000 doses.
NAC No.: 11290513
8906 ROSEHILL ROAD, LENEXA, KS, 66215
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Pneumomune information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2015 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2015-04-03