Nicarb (Canada)This page contains information on Nicarb for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Nicarb Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Nicarb
- Direction and dosage information for Nicarb
NicarbThis treatment applies to the following species:
ANTICOCCIDIAL MEDICATED PREMIX
Veterinary Use Only
Net Weight 25 kg
Active Ingredient: Each kilogram contains 250 g of nicarbazin.
1. As an aid in the prevention of deaths due to coccidiosis in chickens under conditions of mild exposure. USE LEVEL: 0.01% to 0.0125% of nicarbazin.
2. As an aid in the prevention of deaths due to coccidiosis in chickens. USE LEVEL: 0.0125% to 0.015% of nicarbazin.
3. In starter and grower feeds, as an aid in the prevention of deaths due to coccidiosis in chickens up to twelve (12) weeks of age. USE LEVEL: 0.020% of nicarbazin.
4. As an aid in preventing deaths due to coccidiosis while immunity to this disease is developing in replacement chickens, eight (8) weeks of age or over. USE LEVEL: 0.008% of nicarbazin from eight (8) weeks of age or over, until birds are moved to the laying house.
For feed manufacturing use only
Dosage and Administration
Feed as sole ration.
It is recommended that a premix be made before final incorporation in the complete feed. Mix 25 kg of NICARB with 225 kg of a feed ingredient and use the resulting 2.5% premix as follows:
Recommended level of nicarbazin in complete feed
Amount of 2.5% premix required per metric tonne
1. Do not feed to laying or breeding hens in production.
2. Treated birds must not be slaughtered for use in food for at least four (4) days after the latest treatment with this drug.
1. Do not use this medicated feed for the treatment of outbreaks of coccidiosis.
2. If unexpected deaths occur, obtain a laboratory diagnosis and follow veterinarian's or poultry pathologist's instructions.
Store at room temperature in a dry place. Keep out of the reach of children.
Average use level in broiler birds is 0.0125% of nicarbazin.
Huvepharma®, 33 James Boucher Blvd., Sofia 1407, Bulgaria
Distributor: Bio Agri Mix LP, P.O. Box 399, Mitchell, ON N0K 1N0
NAC No.: 12990071
Distributed by BIO AGRI MIX LP
P.O. BOX 399, 11 ELLENS STREET, MITCHELL, ON, N0K 1N0
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Nicarb information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2014 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2014-09-05