Mycovac-LThis page contains information on Mycovac-L for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Mycovac-L Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Mycovac-L
- Direction and dosage information for Mycovac-L
Mycovac-LThis treatment applies to the following species:
READ IN FULL
MYCOPLASMA GALLISEPTICUM VACCINE
MYCOVAC-L is a live vaccine, prepared from the Intervet 6/85 strain of Mycoplasma gallisepticum in a freeze dried preparation sealed under vacuum. The 6/85 strain is unique in that it is highly immunogenic for chickens and non-pathogenic for turkeys, does not readily spread to adjacent houses of chickens and is biologically stable.
MYCOVAC-L has been propagated under exacting standards. The immunizing capability of this vaccine has been proven by various procedures including the Master Seed Immunogenicity Test.
Mycovac-L Indications For Use
This vaccine is recommended for the vaccination of healthy chickens 6 weeks of age or older by fine spray administration as an aid in the prevention and reduction of clinical signs associated with M. gallisepticum infection.
Many factors must be considered in determining a sound vaccination program for a particular farm or poultry complex. To be fully effective, the vaccine must be administered properly to healthy, receptive animals maintained in a proper environment under good management. In addition, the response may be influenced by the age of the animals and their immune status. The level of immunity required will vary with operational practices and the degree of exposure. Therefore, a program of periodic revaccination may be necessary.
Preparation Of Vaccine
For Fine Spray Use
DO NOT OPEN AND MIX THE VACCINE UNTIL READY TO BEGIN VACCINATION. USE VACCINE IMMEDIATELY AFTER MIXING.
1. Remove the tear-off seal and stopper from vial containing the vaccine.
2. Carefully pour clean, cool, non-chlorinated water, preferably distilled, into the vaccine vial until the vial is approximately two-thirds full.
3. Insert the rubber stopper and shake moderately until all material is dissolved.
4. The vaccine is now ready for fine spray use in accordance with directions below. For best results, be sure to follow directions carefully!
Fine Spray Administration
For Chickens Six Weeks of Age or Older
1. Spray vaccination should be of fine spray of less than 20 microns.
2. Do not use any disinfectants or skim milk in sprayer.
3. Use sprayer only for administration of vaccines. Clean thoroughly after each use.
4. Shut off all fans while spray vaccinating. Turn on fans immediately after spraying. Be careful in hot weather.
5. Spray chickens by walking slowly through the house.
6. Follow the recommendations of the manufacturer of the sprayer regarding water volume.
7. Use only clean, cool, non-chlorinated water, preferably distilled.
8. Individual(s) spraying chickens should wear face mask and goggles.
1. VACCINATE ONLY HEALTHY CHICKENS. Although disease may not be evident, coccidiosis, respiratory virus infection, infectious bursal disease, avian reovirus disease, Marek’s disease, and other disease conditions may cause complications or reduce immunity.
2. All susceptible chickens on the same premises should be vaccinated at the same time.
3. Do not medicate chickens with antibacterial drugs - especially chlortetracycline, oxytetracycline and sulfonamide - five days prior to or after vaccination.
4. The 6/85 strain of MG is not pathogenic for turkeys, but care should be taken in the application of the vaccine and handling of the chickens so as to maintain very tight disease security.
5. This vaccine should not be administered within two weeks of any live Newcastle, bronchitis or laryngotracheitis vaccination.
6. Efforts should be taken to reduce stress conditions at the time of vaccination and during the reaction period.
7. Do not spill, splash or mix this vaccine with any substance.
8. Do not dilute the vaccine or otherwise stretch the dosage.
9. Use entire contents when first opened.
10. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
11. Burn containers and all unused contents.
12. This vaccine contains no preservative.
13. FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY.
14. Do not administer this vaccine within four weeks of onset of egg production or after egg production has begun.
15. This vaccine is to be used only in states where its usage is permitted and is to be used in compliance with applicable state and federal regulations.
16. Store in the dark in a refrigerator between 2-7°C (35-45°F). Do not freeze.
This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets Intervet Inc., U.S. and local requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of the individual chickens, and the degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions should be followed carefully.
This product is not hazardous when used according to directions
supplied. A material safety data sheet (MSDS) is available upon request. This and any other consumer information can be obtained by calling Customer Service at 1-800-211-3573.
Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed, and locations of chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
10 x 2000 Doses - Fine Spray
The use of this vaccine is subject to applicable local and federal laws and regulations.
USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
STORE VACCINE BETWEEN 2 AND 7°C (35 AND 45°F)
THIS PRODUCT IS NON-RETURNABLE
INTERVET INC., Omaha, NE 68103 U.S.A.
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
NAC No.: 10473362
556 MORRIS AVE., SUMMIT, NJ, 07901
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Mycovac-L information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2014 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2014-05-28